This zucchini bread is double chocolate with the addition of cocoa powder and chocolate chips. It’s a little sweet, but not too sweet – it’s just right. It can be made in a loaf pan and sliced into bread or baked in a muffin tin for a great portable snack. I like to slather a slice with a little peanut butter for some extra protein and healthy fat. Have this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread as a snack, an easy breakfast, or even a simple dessert. (And if you love an easy and delicious quick bread, check out my recipe for Blue Ribbon Banana Bread.)
I am a big fan of recipes for simple, frugal, homemade food (even more so when it allows me to use some of the half-ton of zucchini I seem to have on my counter at the end of every summer!) This Double Chocolate Zucchini bread is one of those beloved recipes – frugal, homey, comforting and so chocolatey with a little garden-fresh bonus tucked inside. I like to make several batches and stash a few in my freezer for ready-made desserts and breakfasts.
If you try this recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips, please let me know in the comments how it turned out for you. I hope you enjoy!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase.*Print
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa (plus extra for dusting pan)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup neutral-flavored oil, like sunflower (or substitute 1 cup melted butter)
- 2 cups unpeeled, grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 loaf pan(s) or muffin tin. Dust lightly with cocoa.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil (or melted butter), and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix with a spoon until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon batter into pans – press lightly to make sure batter fills the corners of the pan.
- Bake loaves for 50 to 60 minutes, or muffins for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
For more tasty homemade recipes check out my some of my friends: