This beautiful Blackberry Salad with Baby Greens features juicy blackberries, crisp cucumber slices, sweet bell peppers, and mixed greens. Then I top it with a light-tasting apple cider vinaigrette and a few crispy onion strings. This is a perfect fresh salad for spring or summer. I serve it as a light lunch or a main dish (sometimes topped with grilled chicken). It’s also a lovely side to some grilled meat or another favorite entree. And if you enjoy a refreshing summer salad, also check out my recipe for Watermelon and Cucumber Salad.
If you are a regular reader here, you’ll notice that I do make a lot of comfort food. But I also believe in balance, and I love fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits, too. And a big salad loaded with deliciousness is one of my favorite things to eat in the spring and summer. And although it’s a perfect family-style side dish, I love it as a main meal, too. I mean, it’s nice to not have to turn on the stove for dinner once in awhile. (Especially on a hot summer day, or a beautiful spring day when you just don’t feel like cooking!)
Cook’s Tips for making Blackberry Salad with Baby Greens:
- You don’t have to limit yourself to using baby lettuces. My favorite is a combination of baby Swiss chard, baby kale, and baby spinach. You can also use your favorite spring mix. Try using spinach for a blackberry and spinach salad.
- For the cucumbers, I like to use mini cucumbers because they have small seeds and thin skin. An English cucumber will also work. If using a regular cucumber, you may want to peel it and scoop out the seeds.
- Make a Blackberry and Feta salad by using crumbled feta cheese instead of Parmesan. And a blackberry goat cheese salad is delicious, too.
- If crispy onion strings aren’t your thing, use another crunchy topping like sliced almonds or even croutons.
If you try this recipe, I hope you love it. And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram so you don’t miss a post.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase.*Print
Blackberry and Baby Greens Salad
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
A fresh salad for spring or summer featuring juicy raspberries, crisp cucumbers, and baby greens in a light vinaigrette.
For the Salad:
- 6 cups (about 5 ounces) of mixed baby greens or spring mix
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (I like the Persian or mini cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (or substitute feta or goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup crispy onion strings (or substitute sliced almond)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Combine salad ingredients (except for onion strings) in a large salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Top with onions strings (or topping of choice) and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
Miz HelenJune 5, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Congratulations your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, we are pinning it to our special features board. Have a great week and come back soon!
MelissaJune 6, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Thanks so much, Miz Helen! Hope you have a great weekend!
Spring Greens with Hot Bacon Dressing - My Homemade RootsDecember 5, 2022 at 2:01 am
[…] This Spring Greens with Hot Bacon Dressing recipe is a salad filled with fresh, tender baby greens and topped with a tangy hot bacon dressing. It’s a perfect Spring tonic after a long and dreary winter. Add in some thinly-sliced onions and a few hard-boiled eggs to round it out for a tasty light supper, or a fresh side dish. (And if you love fresh salads, check out my recipe for Blackberry and Baby Greens Salad.) […]
SammyFebruary 25, 2023 at 8:11 pm
Delicious! I used goat cheese and it came out so good. Will make again!