- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa (plus extra for dusting pan)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup neutral-flavored oil, like sunflower (or substitute 1 cup melted butter)
- 2 cups unpeeled, grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 loaf pan(s) or muffin tin. Dust lightly with cocoa.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil (or melted butter), and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix with a spoon until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon batter into pans – press lightly to make sure batter fills the corners of the pan.
- Bake loaves for 50 to 60 minutes, or muffins for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour