This Old Fashioned Creamy coleslaw recipe is full of classic charm and wholesome goodness. With shredded cabbage and carrot in a creamy, tangy dressing, this homemade coleslaw is deliciously satisfying.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 16-ounce bag of coleslaw mix, or shred your own cabbage and carrot to equal 16 ounces (about 4 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Whisk well to combine.
- Add shredded cabbage mix and toss with dressing.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.