- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored oil of your choice (I like grapeseed oil)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (you can use sweetened but the bread will be just a little sweeter)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add water and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaves comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours