This Strawberry Almond Buckle features sweet strawberries baked into a delicious, homestyle cake with a tender crumb and a hint of almond.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tablespoons cane sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt (use 3/4 teaspoon of salt if you’re using unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the butter and 1 ½ cups of sugar. Continue to mix, adding eggs one at a time, followed by baking powder, vanilla, salt, all-purpose flour, and almond flour.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and top with sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Category: Desserts and Sweets