- 8 cups of baby greens (spinach, kale, Swiss chard, arugula, and/or dandelion)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ pound bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered or sliced (optional)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Place greens in a large salad bowl and set aside while you make the dressing.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg and sugar together, then add the vinegar, water, and salt. Whisk until well-blended. Set aside while you cook the bacon.
- Cook the bacon pieces in a skillet until desired level of crispness. Remove skillet from heat and use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked bacon pieces to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Spoon off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon fat from the skillet. Return skillet to medium-low heat and stir tablespoon of flour into the bacon fat. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add dressing mixture to the pan. Whisk constantly, allowing mixture to thicken and come to a slight bubble (this should only take 1-2 minutes). If dressing seems too thick at this point, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Remove dressing from heat and stir in half of the reserved cooked bacon. Serve dressing hot over greens, or allow to cool and serve warm.
- Top salad with remaining cooked bacon.
- Add hard-boiled eggs and sliced onions to salad, if desired.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours