These Spelt Banana Muffins Sweetened with Honey have just a hint of sweetness, with a light texture and natural banana flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats or quick oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together spelt flour, ½ cup of the oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine honey, eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Use a wooden spoon or an electric mixer to combine the mashed bananas with the wet ingredients until well-blended.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups ( they will be filled about ¾ of the way to the top.) Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats over the tops of the muffins. Dust with a little bit of coarse sugar (optional).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean or nearly clean with just a few crumbs.
- Category: Breads and Baking
Keywords: baking, muffins, bananas