These Key Lime Snowball Cookies are a tropical twist on classic snowball cookies. With a burst of citrusy goodness and a dusting of powdered sugar, these cookies will melt in your mouth and leave you craving for more. These sweet and tangy treats are the perfect bite-sized treat for holidays or any occasion.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely-grated lime zest (3–4 tablespoons for more lime flavor)
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325°F
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast pecans on the stovetop over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to burn them. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and lime zest.
- Toss the pecans, flour, and salt together. Mix this into the creamed butter and sugar mixture until well combined.
- Scoop dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on the bottom of the cookie.
- While the cookies are still warm, roll them in the powdered sugar and set them aside to fully cool.
- When cookies are completely cool, roll again in powdered sugar.
- Dust with extra powdered sugar and lime zest before serving.
- Store in an airtight container, or freeze.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
Keywords: Christmas cookies, tropical holiday cookies, Key Lime recipes