- Hot crab dip is an easy-to-make, delicious appetizer that is sure to please. With its creamy, cheesy texture and succulent crab meat, this dip is the perfect way to start any party.
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (like Old Bay)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) cans of lump crab meat, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can of artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2–3 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8×8-inch baking dish, or a similar size casserole dish, by spraying it with oil or rubbing it with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, seafood seasoning, ¼ cup of grated Parmesan, and ¼ cup of shredded cheddar. Use an electric mixer to mix, or stir with a sturdy spoon or spatula until well combined (the mixer is easier but you can mix it by hand if you choose).
- Add the crab meat and chopped artichokes, and use a spoon or spatula to gently mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish the top with chopped green onions. Serve warm with crostini, crackers, chips, or raw vegetables.