These Easy Spiced Candied Pecans are lightly sweet and spiced with the warm flavors of cinnamon and chili.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the egg white and water to a separate mixing bowl. Use a hand whisk or an electric mixer to lightly froth the egg whites.
- Add the sugar and spice mixture to the egg white. Whisk by hand or beat with an electric mixer until the sugar and egg whites are combined and the mixture is light and frothy. This should take about 1 minute, or a little bit longer if you are whisking by hand. (You aren’t looking for the mixture to form peaks as you would for a meringue.)
- Add the pecans into the mix. Stir to thoroughly coat.
- Place the coated pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Make sure to use a baking sheet large enough to allow the nuts to be spread out in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the pecans out onto a platter or sheet of parchment paper to cool.
Store in an airtight container for a week. For longer storage, store candied pecans in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, or in the freezer for several months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes