Butterscotch Haystacks are an easy and delicious homemade confection that takes almost no effort to make. Great for the holidays or a special treat.
- 1 (11-ounce) bag of butterscotch morsels
- 1 (5-ounce) can of chow mein noodles
- 1 cup of dry-roasted or Spanish peanuts
- Melt the butterscotch morsels in a double boiler or in the microwave. If using the microwave, heat for 1 minute, and then for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until smooth and completely melted.
- Mix melted morsels, the noodles and peanuts with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or a silicone mat. Allow to set for 2-3 hours, or until the candy is firm and holds together.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or in the refrigerator or freezer for longer storage.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes