Split Chicken Breasts made in the slow cooker that turn out tender, juicy, and flavorful every time!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika (sweet or smoked)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 3–4 Split Chicken Breasts (about 2 pounds total, depending on size of chicken breast)
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into 3” pieces
- 2–3 carrots, cut into 3” pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges (from root to tip)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Rub this spice mixture over the chicken. For extra flavorful chicken, you can rub a little of the spice mixture under the skin of each breast, too, but this is optional.
- Add celery, carrots, onions, and water to the bottom of a 6-7 quart slow cooker. Place the chicken breasts on top of the bed of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through and reaches a minimum temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take about 4-5 hours on low, or 2-3 hours on high.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours